Prayer / Salah / Namaz
Namaz / Salah means Prayer. Namaz is the specific way of Worship of ALLAH Almighty performed by Muslims. Salath is one of the most important of the Five pillars of Islam.ALLAH Almighty has mentioned the benefits and the importance of Salath many times in the Holy Qur’an.
|From dawn before sunrise.||Afternoon paryers post the period of Zawaal (when sun is perpendicular to earth).||late afternoon and before Sunset.||(Evening) Just after Sunset.||Late evening after the Sunset is complete and darkness of the night is complete.|
Muslims follow the methods as taught to us by Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
If any of the following seven prerequisites is ignored, the Prayer will not be deemed to have been performed at all.
1. Cleanliness of Body: The body has to be cleaned of all sorts of impurities, whether these are impurities in effect or impurities in fact, and one must have obtained purity either through Wudu or, if need be, through Ghusl.
2. Cleanliness of Garments: All the garments including even the cap, socks, gloves, etc., that one is wearing or having on one’s body must be clean and pure beyond any shadow of a doubt.
3. Cleanliness of Place: The minimum requirement is that the place where one intends to stand and where one’s knees, hands and forehead would rest in Sajdah, must be clean, whether it is a piece of plain ground or floor, or a mat, etc., bat one should also avoid standing for the Prayer at a place which is stinking with filth and dirt around it.
4. Covering of Satar: For males it is the part of the body between the navel and the knee, and for females it is the whole body excluding the face, hands and feet. Women should see that the ankles do not remain uncovered.
5. Ascertaining the right time for a Prayer: Each Prayer has to be performed within the time limit prescribed for it. If a Prayer is performed before its time, it will be no Prayer at all, and if it is offered after the time for it has elapsed, it will have to be offered as a missed (Qada) Prayer.
6. Facing the Qibla: If a person performs his Prayer with his face turned towards a direction other than that of the Qibla, unless there is a genuine reason for that, his Prayer will not be deemed to have been performed.
7. Intention Having the intention in the mind, which may also be expressed with the tongue, to offer a particular Fard Prayer at a prescribed time, or a particular missed Prayer afterwards. For the Sunnat or Nafl Prayers, however, the mention of the time is not necessary. If one is going to offer a Prayer under the leadership of an Imam, one has to express intention to that effect, too.
The Pillars or principles which have to observed during the Prayer:(are already mentioned in pictures below in method)
As it is mentioned that the Prayer is the specific way of Worship of Allah Almighty. So there are many verses and ahadith which describe Prayer’s importance.
None can be perfect Muslim without performing his daily prayers, Prayer is the second pillar of Islam after Shahadah (Faith). it is obligatory for Muslims to offer Salah five times daily. The prayers spread throughout the day at dawn, around noon, afternoon, sunset and in the evening. Salah has to be offered at the specific times mentioned above.
“And establish Salah and give Zakah, and bow down (in worship) along with those who bow down (in worship)”
(Surah Al-Baqarah [2:43])
“Guard strictly the Salah, especially the middle Salah. And stand before Allah with obedience.”
(Surah Al-Baqarah [2:238])
“(And remain always) turning to Him (only), and be fearful and dutiful towards Him, and perform Salah and be not of those who commit Shirk.”
(Surah Ar-Rum [30:31] )
Allah Almighty says in another place in the Holy Quran:
“ Recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book and establish prayer. Indeed, prayer prohibits immorality and wrongdoing, and the remembrance of Allah is greater. And Allah knows that which you do.”
Surah Al-‘Ankabut [29:45]
“This is the Book in which there is no doubt, a guidance for those who have Taqwa; who believe in the unseen, and who establish Salah, and spend out of what we have provided for them”
(Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 2-3)
“And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance, and perform Salah, and give Zakah, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah wishes only to remove uncleanness from you, O people of the House, and to purify you with a thorough purification.”
(Surah Al-Ahzab [33:33])
Prayer “Salah” is a sign of a Muslim
“The believers, men, and women are protecting friends of one another; they enjoin good and forbid evil, and they establish Salah, and give Zakah, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them, and surely, Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.”
(Surah At Tawba 9: 71)
Register Now To Learn online with live Tutor Click Here