♥ Ḥijāb ♥
*Why Should I Wear The Ḥijāb ?
An often asked question about
Ḥijāb by many Muslim women! See the clear and simple answer
This is a good question and there is a beautiful answer! Allāh has commanded us with every action that is good for us and prohibited us from performing every action that is bad for us.
Allāh orders the Muslim woman to wear the ḥijāb when she steps out of the security of her home or when in the presence of strange men. So to wear the ḥijāb is a source of great good for you – the Muslim woman – for many reasons. Among them:
1. You please Allāh. You are obeying the commands of your Lord when you wear the ḥijāb and you can expect great rewards in return.
2. It is Allāh’s protection of your natural beauty. You are too precious to be “on display” for each man to see.
3. It is Allāh’s preservation of your chastity.
4. Allāh purifies your heart and mind through the ḥijāb.
5. Allāh beautifies your inner and outer countenance with ḥijāb. Outwardly your ḥijāb reflects innocence, purity, modesty, shyness, serenity, contentment and obedience to your Lord. Inwardly you cultivate the same.
6. Allāh defines your femininity through the ḥijāb. You are a woman who respects her womanhood. Allāh wants you to be respected by others, and for you to respect yourself.
7. Allāh raises your dignity through the ḥijāb. When a strange man looks at you, he respects you because he sees that you respect yourself.
8. Allāh protects your honour 100% through your ḥijāb. Men do not gaze at you in a sensual way, they do not approach you in a sensual way, and neither do they speak to you in a sensual way. Rather, a man holds you in high esteem and that is just by one glance at you!
9. Allāh gives you nobility through the ḥijāb. You are noble not degraded because you covered not naked.
10. Allāh demonstrates your equality as a Muslim woman through the ḥijāb. Your Lord bestows upon you equal worth as your male counterpart, and gives you a host of beautiful rights and liberties. You express your acceptance of these unique rights by putting on the ḥijāb.
11. Allāh defines your role as a Muslim woman through the ḥijāb. You are a someone with important duties. You are a reflection of a woman of action not idle pursuits. You display your sense of direction and purpose through your ḥijāb. You are someone that people take seriously.
12. Allāh expresses your independence through the ḥijāb. You are stating clearly that you are an obedient servant of the Greatest Master. You will obey no one else and follow no other way. You are not a slave to any man, nor a slave to any nation. You are free and independent from all man-made systems.
13. Allāh gives you the freedom of movement and expression through the ḥijāb. You are able to move about and communicate without fear of harassment. Your ḥijāb gives you a unique confidence.
14. Allāh wants others to treat you – a Muslim woman – with kindness. And the ḥijāb brings about the best treatment of men towards you.
15. Allāh wants your beauty to be preserved and saved for just one man to enjoy – your husband.
16. Allāh helps you to enjoy a successful marriage through wearing ḥijāb. Because you reserve your beauty for one man alone, your husband’s love for you increases, he cherishes you more, he respects you more and he honours you more. So your ḥijāb contributes to a successful and lasting marriage relationship.
17. Allāh brings about peace and stability in the society through the ḥijāb! Yes this is true! Men do not cause corruption by forming illegal relationships because you – the Muslim woman – calm their passions. When a man looks at you, he feels at ease, not tempted to fornicate…
So a Muslim woman in ḥijāb is dignified, not dishonoured, noble, not degraded, liberated, not subjugated, purified, not sullied, independent, not a slave, protected, not exposed, respected, not laughed at, confident, not insecure, obedient, not a sinner, a guarded pearl, not a prostitute…
Dear Muslim sister! Come towards the gates of Paradise with us! Fulfill your duties towards Allāh, put on your adornment – put on your ḥijāb, and race towards Jannah (Paradise) by doing all good actions. You should agree by now that wearing ḥijāb is extremely beneficial – it must be – because Allāh only commands what is good…
…and believe me dear sister, it is good to obey the commands of your Lord…
“Their reward is with their Lord: Gardens of Eden underneath which rivers flow wherein they will dwell for ever; Allāh is pleased with them, and they are pleased with Him; this is (in store) for whoever fears his Lord.” [Sūrah al-Bayyinah 98:8]